The project leaders will collaborate with SSC Steering Committee members, quality improvement professionals and hospitalist leaders from the Society of Hospital Medicine to provide guidance to hospitals as they identify and rapidly treat these high-risk patients. Earlier interventions may lead to better outcomes for patients as sepsis often rapidly escalates to organ failure and death.
The initiative will have regional quality improvement collaboratives consisting of 20 hospitals in the San Francisco Bay area, Chicago area and the East Coast. The collaborative activity is scheduled to end in October 2015.
- Patricia Cormack, RN, MSN, Critical Care Clinical Educator, Sepsis Coordinator, CV Coordinator, Vanguard West Suburban Medical Center, Oak Park, IL
- Mary Ann Barnes-Daley, RN, BSN, CCRN DC, Regional Clinical Initiative Lead-Sepsis and ICU Liberation (ABCDE) Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation Grant, Sutter Health Sacramento Sierra Region , Sacramento, CA
- R. Philip Dellinger, MD, MCCM, FCCP, Chair and Chief, Department of Medicine, Cooper University Hospital, Camden, NJ
- Laura Evans, MD, MSc, Assistant Professor, NYU School of Medicine, Medical Director of Critical Care, Bellevue Hospital Center, New York, NY
- Caleb P. Hale, MD, FHM, Hospitalist, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Clinical Instructor, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- Mitchell M. Levy, MD, FCCM, Professor or Medicine and Division Chief, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Medical Director, MICU, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, RI – Co-Project Lead
- Aroop Pal, MD, FHM, Associate Professor and KUMC Hospitalist, Program Director, Transitions of Care Services, Associate CMIO, Division of General and Geriatric Medicine, Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, KS
- Christa A. Schorr, RN, MSN, Program Manager QI & Clinical Research Databases, Cooper University Hospital, Camden, NJ
- Lisa Shieh, MD, FHM, Clinical Associate Professor, Medical Director of Quality, Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA
- Steven Q. Simpson, MD, Professor of Medicine, Medical Director MICU, MTICU, MSICU, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, University of Kansas
- Sean R. Townsend, MD, Vice President, Quality and Patient Safety, California Pacific Medical Center, Sutter Health System, San Francisco, CA – Co-Project Lead